We are expanding our team and are currently looking for a credit controller to join the team. As a credit controller, you will be responsible for managing the working capital cycle of the training business, principally focussed on the sales ledger, from point of revenue recognition through to collection of trade and other debtor balances across the training business.
The role will also oversee all credit amounts owed by the training business to its creditors, ensuring that settlement of these balances aligns to the overall working capital strategy of the training business and wider group. An important aspect of the role will be the implementation and day to day management of credit processes across the training business, including negotiation of credit terms in key customer contracts, new customer enrolment and engagement with new suppliers.
The Credit Controller will report to the Finance Director of the training business and will liaise closely with them to deliver an accurate and efficient credit control service. It is also anticipated that the role will work closely with the sales and booking teams to be effective in role. A key requirement of the role is the need to build and to maintain strong relationships with clients and suppliers to ensure the smooth running of accounts and visibility of the day-to-day cash cycle.
The day-to-day duties of the Credit Controller are varied and include timely assignment of customer PO numbers to allow invoicing, reconciling invoices, resolving account queries, managing debt recovery, evaluating new credit requests, including checking credit ratings, deciding whether to allow credit to a debtor and advising on credit limits. The Credit Controller is a key figure in supporting the financial function of the business and will have direct input in recommending system and policy design to improve efficiency and efficacy of the credit control function.
Given the growth of the training business, this will be the first appointment in this role and as such, the need for experience in similar roles will be highly desirable.
Duties are including but not limited to:
- Taking a proactive role in managing and collecting debts of company debtors
- Evaluating new credit requests and reviewing customers’ credit rankings with banks
- Setting up of terms and conditions of credit
- Ensuring timely payment of debts
- Following up payments as needed
- Negotiating re-payment plans
- Responding to relevant client enquiries
- Managing collection of missing or delayed POs from customers
- Processing and reconciliation of invoices
- Checking the posting of receipts to accounting systems
- Preparation of statements, client status reports and all relevant information as required
- Managing sales ledger
- Providing administrative support to the team
Skills, knowledge and experience
You will be a highly motivated, driven individual with a commitment to getting things done. The client will be at the centre of everything you do, and you will contribute to the growth and success of our business through your skills and experience. You will have:
- Recent and relevant experience is credit control or similar role within an established SME
- Outstanding attention to detail with an ability to reconcile complex accounts
- Accurate, efficient and organised with the ability to prioritise tasks as needed
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office and Sage accountancy software desirable
- Ability to maintain strong relationships with external clients and internal colleagues
- Professional, confident and diplomatic when liaising with others
- Possible qualification of CICM desirable
- Strong communication skills in all forms
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- A positive attitude to dealing with people
- Capable of hands on problem-solving, with ability to generate ideas and solutions
- Ability to use own initiative and pay close attention to detail
- Ability to cope with competing demands and to prioritise tasks
- Capable of working independently, and having responsibility as an individual, as well as being able to integrate and operate as part of a team.
If you think you're the right fit for this role, email email@example.com today!